Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Get Away Jurl

Well, I made it through the Spaced Marathon. We were at the Alamo Drafthouse from 3:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., but thanks to my superior bladder strength I only went to the bathroom one time during the whole thing and once after it was finally over. Simon Peg and Edgar Wright (Jessica Hynes didn't make it) were hilarious.

I know it's important for Husband and I to get away without our little romance killers in tow, but it always means extra work for me. Hotels act as an aphrodisiac for Husband (not that he needs any extra enticement) so that means extra sex work. Then when I get home I have extra cleaning because Grandmothers let granddaughter leave toys all about and snack crumbs from one end of the house to the other. Not to mention, I'm already behind on all the stuff I always need to do! So the day after a trip I lament the time away (no matter how great the trip) until my household equilibrium has been restored.

Please to enjoy one of my very favorite scenes from Spaced (because I long to be a bad ass in a fake air-gun fight....

No comments: