Thursday, September 1, 2011

Get a Clue, Jurl!

The other day I bought Clue for my daughter (OK, me), but struggled over getting the modern version or the classic set. In the modern version gone are the parlor, billiard room, library, and conservatory, to be replaced by an observatory, patio, theatre room, and spa. Because no one reads in 2011, but everyone spas and watches movies.

Ultimately, I decided my daughter would probably like the new one better so that's the one I bought, though I feared the murder weapons would be cheap plastic instead of metal like in the olden days. Turns out murder weapons aren't murderous unless metal so they remain fairly unchanged, though they've added poison, a trophy, and a barbell.

Clue was my favorite game as a kid. I think it was because I could pretend to be Miss Scarlett, the beautiful femme fetale. Sadly, when we played the game the other night Sam insisted on being Miss Scarlett leaving me old Mrs. Peakcock. I realized, however, in real life I've morphed into Col. Mustard. With a dash of Professor Plum. They need a character called Madam Creaky Knees since I discovered I can no longer sit cross-legged on the floor for sustained periods of time. Or even short periods of time, really. Don't even get me started on my bad hip.


Game is still fun, though.

No comments: