Monday, December 21, 2009

Creepy Jurl

I come to confess that I have fallen in love. With a fictional character. A vampire, fictional character. No, it's not the Twilight boys, for they are far too young and wholesome for the likes of moi. I have fallen for Eric Northman in the Sookie Stackhouse novels (True Blood for all you HBO watchers).

I know people always say they're in love with a character, but I am really in love. Like in an embarrassing, need to up my meds way. Let me illustrate: while cruising the Super Target aisles the other day in my homeless outfit and bed head, I thought sourly to myself, "If Eric walked by me now he'd think I was just another slobby human! If he even noticed me at all." Then my heart sank. Then I speed dialed a mental illness hot line because I had really lost it. I even asked Husband if he wold consider acting a little vampiry and he said, "No, nerd." Then he said he would wear nothing but a cape and run around saying, "Blah! Blah! I vant to drink your blood!" I hate him. And I love Eric.

Oh, Eric! I love your wicked ways. I've tried to explain my addiction to these books to Husband...it's not the vampire stuff as much as it is the romance stuff. I love it when two people meet, don't get along, then fall in love, but find their love brings conflict. Just makes my heart beat a little faster.

I mean, romance like that is no midnight poke in the back with Captain Happy when you've been asleep for two hours, but it sure does something for me.


Alexander Skarsgard- hot Swede who plays Eric on True Blood.

1 comment:

Bobono said...

I am waiting for my mother to pass me the books, she loved them. I am a fan of the show and just LOVE me some Alexander Skarsgard!!